Monday, November 29, 2010

Yikes

This morning I got the results from my blood test from last Wednesday 11/24. The good news: my white blood cell, red blood cell, and platelet numbers were all good, in the low normal range. The very bad news: my CEA has shot up to 23.1 (from 5.0 on 11/3 and 1.1 on 10/13 - higher indicates more cancer activity). I meet with my local oncologist tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon and my second-opinion oncologist in Seattle next Tuesday 12/7, so I'm sure we'll discuss the implications of this. Through a connection provided by JK, I have also started talking to a doctor in San Francisco who is a sort of private medical investigator for hire. He has given me some ideas about possible backup treatment options.

Ethan

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a productive conversation with Mark R. He is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and a neighbor of ours now. Glad jk & Sarah hooked u up.

    ReplyDelete