Yesterday we (Eric, Mer, Joaquin, Lucy, and I) had lunch with Abby, Mike, Elijah Lee, and Joyce (thanks Joyce for lunch!). In the late afternoon Eric and I went over to Duke and walked through campus on the way to Cameron Indoor Stadium. Cameron is full of memorabilia and posters about the successes of Duke athletics, particularly basketball. We saw Eric's friend Jeff and his son Cole there. Our seats were pretty high up in the rafters, but Cameron is so small that we weren't that far from the court and could see perfectly well. The Duke student section is next to the court and fun to watch, with their chants and routines. As expected, Duke crushed Princeton (97-60). We got to see the leading Player of the Year candidate, Duke forward Kyle Singler, and one of the most-heralded freshmen in the country, Duke point guard Kyrie Irving, who has star written all over him.
This morning Eric, Lucy, and I walked with Joaquin to his school. Now Eric is playing Uno with Lucy, who is home on Mondays.
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment