Saturday, November 20, 2010

Update

Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Fred Wagner. Fred's architecture firm is Grinstad & Wagner in Fairhaven (http://www.grinstadwagner.com/index.shtml). I first met Fred when he drew up the plans for the renovation of our house and then reconnected with him when his son Sean was in Seth's class at Larrabee Elementary School. He did a great job of designing additions that expanded the functionality of our house while preserving the character. If anyone ever needs an architect, I would highly recommend him. He's also a very nice guy.

In the afternoon Seth came with me to my appointment with my therapist. I think it was helpful for him and for me to talk about our feelings about my illness together. And we were able to clear up one misunderstanding of his: that my illness was related to our trip to Mexico in March (an example of the "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy - reminds me of Gary Hertz's logic class in high school).

In the evening my mom and I finished the movie "Get Him to the Greek," which was moderately amusing.

Last night it snowed a couple of inches here. It is sunny and pretty but cold today. Seth and Miles went sledding.

I am feeling kind of blah today. Just having a quiet day around the house, watching college football. Wisconsin beat Michigan. Yale lost to Harvard. Stanford is currently crushing Cal (Go Cardinal!).

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment