Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Last day in NC

Yesterday Eric and I went to the YMCA and played basketball. There was no pickup game to play in, so we shot around and played some one-on-one games (Pressure, Around the World, 21). It was fun, although it would have been more fun to play together on a team and run some of our old tricks. Thanks to Meredith for dropping us off and picking us up. Home for lunch, and a nap for me. In the later afternoon Eric's sister Abby and her son Elijah Lee and Eric's mom Joyce came over. Joyce stayed for dinner, as Eric made a delicious vegetable curry.

After dinner Eric and I went to the Duke basketball game against Miami of Ohio. We sat at center court, but high up. Later, after some people left, we moved down closer to the court. Eric's friend Steph and her son Cole were there and sat right behind the scorer's table next to the court. Duke shellacked the RedHawks 79-45, and only a late run by Miami made it that close. Duke was in second or third gear most of the game, and Miami couldn't get out of first. Even their own coach was laughing at their futility.

After the game, as we walked across campus, among the Gothic buildings, the night was warm and humid.

This morning I said goodbye to Joaquin and Lucy as they went off to school. I'm here with Eric and Mer now. By the way, thanks to Eric for taking time off work while I've been here, so we could have more time together. This afternoon I fly back to Bellingham, arriving late. Tomorrow morning I have chemo. I am going to do the FOLFIRI drug combo again, as my second-opinion oncologist confirmed that we may not have exhausted the efficacy of that combo, and the side effects of the other combo (FOLFOX) sound worse to me.

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment