Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Ethan here. Thanks Grace for your update. Sorry that I haven't posted lately. I haven't felt well enough to write, and haven't had much to say other than I have felt crummy since the chemo last Thursday. Tired, sick to my stomach, mentally foggy, unable to concentrate, sad, discouraged. I haven't had the mental or physical energy to do much besides sit around and feel sorry for myself. The pain in my bones seemed to decrease right after the chemo, but has increased in the past few days. The oxycodone wasn't cutting it anymore, so this morning I put on a fentanyl patch for the first time in a long time. After feeling more like myself during my chemo break, I hate feeling like a sick invalid again.

The weather hasn't helped my mood. It's been unpleasantly cold, icy, and windy for the past week.

However, I'm feeling better right now. The temperature rose above freezing this afternoon, and the snow is starting to melt. We had a really nice Thanksgiving dinner tonight at the Bunns' house. Thank you to the Bunns (Andy, Rebecca, Sam, Eli, Micah, and Rebecca's mom Pat) for hosting us (Grace, Miles, my mom, and me).

Tomorrow Grace, Miles, my mom, and I are driving up to Harrison Hot Springs in BC through Sunday. Lynn and Seth are driving down to Portland OR to visit her friends Tram and Dom and their twin babies.

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment