Grace and I drove over to Haleakala National Park and up to the top of the volcano Haleakana (10,023 feet above sea level and, if you also count the underwater part, taller than Mount Everest). Great 360-degree view of Maui and, in the distance, the Big Island. We did a few short hikes, watching white clouds fill the green valleys below us. My leg pain was better than yesterday and I walked less slowly and without much of a limp. We had a nice late lunch at the Kula Lodge.
While Grace bought some new books at Barnes & Noble (she's finished all the ones she brought), I had a nice phone conversation with Seth, who was enjoying dinner with my mom. By the way, Lynn told me that Seth has been talking excitedly about some of the things they are doing at his school, which is very exciting for us.
While Grace enjoyed a Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage at the hotel spa, I talked to my friend Eric, who is in New York City doing some promotion for his new book "Donald" and some events for an ITVS project on women's rights that also involves NY Times op-ed columnist Nicholas Kristof. I was able to give Eric live updates during his alma mater Duke's big comeback win against archrival North Carolina (sorry Lindsay!).
Speaking of "Donald," here's some recent coverage:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/08/AR2011020800007.html http://www.thetakeaway.org/2011/feb/08/what-we-know-about-donald-rumsfeld/
http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/02/08/donald/
It's ok E. Heels are still crawling up the rankings and the madness is coming. Duke still sucks.
ReplyDelete