Less energy today. Ugh. I am tired of this roller coaster.
Some good news: we will have friends and family visiting for the next two weeks. My dad arrives late Saturday. He and my mom leave Monday for Hawaii for a week (they are going to Maui, where Grace and I went, but not staying at the same place). My friends Eric and Meredith arrive Monday from North Carolina and depart next Saturday. My friend Hannah and her son Henry arrive next Friday from the Bay Area and depart the following Monday. My parents return that Monday and my dad departs the following Saturday.
Some more good news: the heat in our downstairs apartment is working again. The heat in the apartment has worked erratically for years, but stopped working entirely this past week, just in time for a cold snap that has brought snow, ice, and sub-freezing temperatures to Bellingham. During past periods of malfunction, I had the company (Hydro Mechanical) that installed our hydronic (hot water) heating system come over several times to try to fix it. They were unable to fix it, although they charged me for their time and for replacing several parts that didn't solve the problem. Needless to say, I do not recommend Hydro Mechnical. This time, on the recommendation of my mom's friend Kaye, I called Marr's Heating. They sent out a technician today who correctly diagnosed the problem within about 30 seconds. I do recommend Marr's Heating.
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment