Thursday, December 2, 2010

100th Post

I just noticed that this is my 100th blog post. Seems like a lot. I feel a little self-centered writing a blog all about me, but a lot of people have let me know that they appreciate the updates, so I plan to keep doing it. I think it's therapeutic for me too. And it will provide a record of this time if later my sons want to know what it was like.

I had chemo this afternoon but I actually feel surprisingly OK right now. The yucky side effects often take a little while to kick in. My mom made a yummy dinner for us (her, me, Grace, Miles, Seth, and John Rybczyk). John came over to watch the Duke-Michigan State basketball game (Duke won by 5). John went to Michigan State and I was rooting for Duke due to my friend Eric. Seth and Miles were happily playing paper airplanes while John and I were watching the game. For dessert we had Mallard ice cream with dark chocolate sea salt caramel sauce that I brought Grace from North Carolina (although the product is from Maine - Stonewall Kitchen). After the game, Eric and I had some good phone time breaking down the game and generally geeking out about basketball. We didn't hang up until 10 PM here, which is 1 AM there.

Sarah forwarded me a great cell phone photo from my visit to San Francisco. We are at Sarah & JK's house (which feels like a second home to me) watching the Giants in the World Series (still hard to believe they won!). You can see Sarah, me, and Eric - the three original roommates at the 35 Coso house - which was one of the most fun times of my life - definitely the most fun as a single adult. This pic captures such a happy moment. I have it as the background on my laptop now.


1 comment:

  1. I love the sea salt covered chocolate from Stonewall Kitchen. I found some here in Indy. MMMMMM. And I love keeping up on the blog, so yes, please keep writing. xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete