Saturday, December 11, 2010

Past few days

Thursday: went into work with Grace, which felt good. We had breakfast together at Avenue. I finished my book review for American Scientist magazine of Origins: How the nine months before birth shape the rest of our lives by Annie Murphy Paul. Played basketball (half court). Came home and hung out with Seth. Watched the Celtics beat the Sixers on last-second alley oop from Rajon Rondo to Kevin Garnett. Texted my condolences to George, a Sixers fan. Talked to Eric for a while. Grace, Mom, and I watched "The Office" one-hour Christmas special - funny.

Friday: played basketball (full court). That made three days in a row. Any day I can play basketball is worth living. Came home and hung out with Seth and Miles. Grandpa Chuck arrived - he is here through the New Year - yay! Seth and Miles were very happy to see Grandpa Chuck. I went out to MAN Night, organized by Chris Comeau (also there: Chris Roselli, Matt Miller, Marcus Guerra, Matt Katzenberg, and Joel Hiltner). We ate at Man Pies (new place downtown that has meat pies) and went to the batting cages at Inside Pitch. They continued on to bowling but I came home to put Seth to bed. Seth, Grandpa, and I watched a little "Mythbusters."

Saturday: Santa Train at Lake Whatcom Railway in Wickersham (far end of Lake Whatcom) - fun.
Pics: http://remmel.shutterfly.com/2044

Video from Lake Whatcom Railway (scroll down to bottom of page for link): http://myweb.facstaff.wwu.edu/remmele/miles

I was remembering when Seth and I rode on the Lake Whatcom Railway when he was 2. One of my favorite photos of him from that age:

No comments:

Post a Comment