I think one reason I don't feel well is that I may have a cold. It may seem strange to not be sure, but I have so many symptoms and side effects that it's hard to know what's what. The bad thing about a cold is that I'm already operating at about 50% of my normal energy level, so if a cold knocks me down 50%, then I'm at 25% of normal, which is barely moving. But the good thing about a cold is that it will get better.
Some good news: I had a blood draw yesterday and my CEA is 15.8, which is down from 23.1 on November 24 (lower is better). That's still well above the normal range of 0-3, but it shows that the chemo is working against the cancer.
Some more good news: my best friend Eric B. Martin's latest book is going to be published by Dave Eggers's press, and quickly, in order to coincide with the publication of Donald Rumsfeld's memoir. Eric's book involves a Rumsfeldian character, although I don't know the details. But I'm sure it will be interesting and awesome and you should all buy a copy.
Ethan
Once while my husband was sick, he felt especially unwell for a few days. He said, "I think I have a virus". I said, "I think you have cancer." He said, "Just because I am ill does not mean I can't get sick."
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are feeling better.
Carrie S.