On Sunday afternoon we drove up to Harrison Hot Springs in BC. The iPad that Deepak and Shareen gave Seth kept him happily entertained all the way up and also on the drive back (thanks Deepak and Shareen!). We checked into the Harrison Hot Springs Resort. We had two rooms on the top floor of the east tower (the newer nicer tower) with beautiful views of the lake and the surrounding snow-dusted mountains - thanks to my parents for making the arrangements and treating us! We had dinner at the resort's Copper Room. Seth, Miles, and I danced to the live jazz band. I love to dance and both boys were in a dancing mood. They were doing soul-singer slides across the dance floor - Seth on his knees and Miles on his belly. I showed Seth some of the silly dances that Eric and I used to do, such as the "lawnmower" and the "sprinkler."
OK, I'm resuming this post four hours later. Just then Seth came into the office and we watched YouTube videos of funny dances (such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg - you can see both the sprinkler and the lawnmower briefly around the 3:30 mark) which led to him asking to watch the classic Saturday Night Live "More Cowbell" skit, which both he and I find hilarious (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/80a71ef8cb/more-cowbell - I wish NBC would make a good quality version available online).
Back to my Harrison Hot Springs story. Unfortunately on Monday I did not feel well. Fortunately the hot springs are a good place to relax and not do much. I soaked in the hot pools, took a brief walk with my dad (it was cold and windy), and built a Lego set with Seth (one of the ones that Gene & Jamie & Jordan & Jackson gave him - thanks to them!). In the afternoon I rallied a little to play in the children's pool with Seth and Miles. My favorite moments were towing them around with Miles hanging on my back and Seth on my front (getting a "piggy-front" ride).
(Right now as I'm typing Grace and I are in the office listening to Miles on the baby monitor singing to himself in bed upstairs - he sounds so cute.)
On Tuesday before we left Seth, my mom, and I took a walk along the lake. Seth showed me the cave he had found the previous day and the fence he had constructed in front of it. He also showed me the warm spots that he and my dad had found by the lake edge near the hot springs source. It was nice to see him excited and cheerful.
Some pics: http://remmel.shutterfly.com/2103
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment