Several times lately when Seth has been at this house but Miles has been somewhere else (at his preschool, at Grace's parents' house, or out with Grace running errands), Seth has said "Where is Miles? I miss him." Some of this may be calculated, because Seth knows that I like it when he is nice to Miles, but I think at least some of it is genuine - he really does like Miles and is happy to see him. The affection is mutual - Miles adores Seth. Last night Miles and I were sitting on the red couch and heard the front door open. I asked Miles "Who do you think it is?" and he said, hopefully, "My brother?" (It turned out to be my mom, and Miles was happy to see her too.) Miles and Seth have started playing together in the upstairs play room, sometimes for an hour or more with no adult supervision needed. Sometimes I use the time to take a break, but sometimes I sit on the futon and watch them or participate in their play. On sunny days it's really nice how the late afternoon light warms that room up.
I played basketball yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks. Three games of half court. I felt slow and tentative, but I did make some midrange jump shots. I got some nice picks from Mike Henniger.
I plan to cook dinner tonight (chicken tikka masala - one of my favorite recipes) and maybe watch a little of the deciding Game 7 of the Bruins-Canadiens (traditional rivals) first-round playoff series. Go Bruins!
(Sorry Jim - you can take a guy out of New England, but you can't take New England out of a guy.)
Ethan
Brotherly love is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the newsy/homey update.
Funny to think about the Bruins, having grown up near Boston. Back in the day (mid 70s) I remember my boy classmates being obsessed with Bobby Orr, while I was pretty much clueless.
Keep enjoying those cuties of yours (and, of course I include Grace in that bunch.) ;-)
Go Habs, Boo Bruins.
ReplyDeleteWait, am I saying "boo" or "Boo-rins"?
I'm saying "Boo".
-Jim