Last Thursday evening Troy, Eric, and I were watching NBA basketball at NY Pizza & Bar. During halftime, one of the in-studio commentators was former Celtic star Kevin McHale. I like McHale (he was unstoppable in the low post in the 80s), but his appearance and mannerisms on TV led to this exchange:
Me: "Kevin McHale looks like a gay Frankenstein."
Troy: (to bartender) "Did you hear that?! He just called one of the Celtic greats a gay Frankenstein!"
Eric: "Not that there's anything wrong with that..."
Me: "That's true - some of my best friends are Frankensteins."
"Not that there's anything wrong with that" <---heehee. It has been hard for me to even look at a passing glimpse of the parquet floor as I flip through the channels lately - Jeff was a huge Celtics fan (+ Sox + Pats). He taught me all about Larry, Kevin & Danny when we were first going out in the mid 80s... I did always think McHale lurched around like a big pale monster, too.
ReplyDeleteCarrie