Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Basketball

I went to the university to play basketball yesterday but because of the MLK holiday nobody else was there except Kirk. We shot around, chatted, and played two games of Pressure (a 3-point shooting game). I shot unusually well in the Pressure games - I would guess around 75-80%. Kirk is one of the better 3-point shooters in our game but I won 21-5, I think, and 21-3.

I played basketball today - 4 games of half court. I felt the best physically I have in a while - quicker and more coordinated. I decided to keep track of my 3-pointers: I made my first 5, then 7 of my first 9, then missed my last two. I also had some good post-up moves. The last game was 2-on-2 with Ernie on my team. Ernie is around 75 but still pretty good. We won and that was satisfying.

Seth's first two basketball practices (Saturday and Monday) went well. We seem to have a good bunch of kids and I enjoyed working with them.

Tonight we had my friend Ben and his parents Richard and Helen over for dinner. Richard played the autoharp and Miles was entranced.

I have chemo tomorrow so I might be out of it for the next few days.

Ethan

2 comments:

  1. They obviously don't know the secret to guarding you: whacking you in the head from time to time. Although that didn't work for me when you were in Durham a few months ago and I whacked and you beat me anyway. Snake.

    You and Ernie are my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! If you come out here I'll give you a rematch, although I'd rather play in a real game with you on my team.

    ReplyDelete