A few things have happened recently that have made me think that I may be painting an overly rosy picture of how things are going on this blog. Overall, things are going well, in that the chemo has knocked the cancer back, I am more active and independent now (certainly compared to a few months ago), and we have had a lot of nice visits from good people. I try to be positive on this blog, and in general. But it's not all picnics, fun trips, and pretty sunsets around here. As you can imagine, having incurable cancer and chemotherapy for the foreseeable future has its downside. I don't talk about the frequent doctor appointments, multiple medications, the struggle to eat when I have no appetite, or the fact that even on my good days I often feel tired and/or sick to my stomach, because I find these these things boring and depressing, but they are part of my reality these days. Sorry to be a downer today, but I felt the need to provide a more balanced picture.
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment