Thanks to my friend Ben (owner and operator of one of our favorite businesses in town: Mallard Ice Cream!) for answering my plea for a hiking partner on Sunday (yesterday). We drove up Mount Baker Highway and tramped up the Goat Mountain trail (my idea), which switchbacks straight up for 4,100 feet. We didn't get all the way to the top before we had to turn around due to time, hunger, and (at least in my case) exhaustion, but we did get some nice views of Mount Shuksan through the beautiful tall trees. Pics: http://remmel.shutterfly.com/1606
Today (Monday) I didn't feel great, so I took it easy (two naps, no hikes). But I still wanted to do something, so I washed all the windows of our house, inside and out (except for the ones that Michael was kind enough to do when he was here). Grace and my mom took Miles to the beach in the afternoon (it has been hot here for the past few days - in the 80s, which is hot for Bellingham - although it is forecast to cool off quite a bit over the next few days).
After a yummy dinner prepared by my mom, I went to the weekly trivia contest at a local bar with friends Larry, Dave, Chris, and Alan. My contributions did not help their team rise in the standings, but it was nice to see folks.
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment