A big thank you to the members of the NBA (Noontime Basketball Association - the pickup game at WWU)! I stopped by the court today for the first time today since I got sick in May. It was great to see everyone. When the players on the court noticed I was there, I believe Dave Rystrom called time out and gave me the first hug and then I got hugs from everyone, which felt great. That was the one of the nicest moments I've experienced in a long time, so thank you! I was so happy that I forgot to cry, although I cried a little later when talking to Ted Pratt about what a blessing it was to be there, after what I've been through.
To any members of the NBA reading this or hearing about it: I am grateful for all the happy hours I've spent with you, enjoying an activity we all love: basketball. You are a wonderful group of people, and I feel lucky and privileged to know you and to be a part of this group. I hope to work myself back into shape so I can be out there on the court with you again!
Although I wasn't feeling great today, I was really tempted to try to play, but I'm not ready yet, so I just shot around and watched the games, which was fun. I tried jogging up and down the court, but I haven't tried a real run yet. I would like to try some half-court sometime, although with chemo next week, it might be a while before I have a chance.
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment