Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday update

Yesterday (Sunday) was a good day. I felt the best, physically and mentally, that I have in a while. I didn't struggle to get out of bed in the morning for the first time in a long time. I spent the day in a state of mild euphoria at the fact that I felt almost normal.

Grace's parents visited and we walked down to Boulevard Park and then around the boardwalk. Some pics: http://remmel.shutterfly.com/1887

Yesterday was the last chance to do that walk for a while, as the city is closing a section of the boardwalk to replace it. They say it will be closed for about 4 months.

It was nice to see Grace's parents. I really like them, and Grace's whole family for that matter. They have always been kind, warm, and welcoming to me and my family.

I feel OK today. Not as good as yesterday, but certainly better than most of the past couple weeks. I am so glad to not be getting chemo today.

In a short-notice decision, I bought tickets for Seth and me to visit my friend George and his son Bennett in Southern California (Redlands) this weekend. I'm excited about that. Carpe Diem!

Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're heading to Redlands - have a great time w/G&B. Thinking good thoughts for you and sending lots of love from Maine.

    ReplyDelete