Yesterday Grace and I drove down to Stanford and had lunch with my PhD advisor John Flavell and his wife Ellie (thanks John and Ellie for lunch!). Afterward we took a walk with them and stopped in and saw Eleanor Maccoby, another retired Stanford developmental psychology professor - she's 93 and still sharp as a tack.
Back to Sarah & JK's, where some people gathered to watch the Giants game (they lost). More people arrived later for a party. We had Mexican food from a local taqueria and ice cream from Mitchell's. There were many of my favorite people in the world there. Grace, Sarah & Jonathan & Toby & Jacob, Eric, Michael & Hannah, Lindsay & Wally & Joe & Gus & Annie (with whom I got some good snuggle time), Tami & Peter & Clara & Kate, Deepak & Shareen, Grace's sister Gigi & her son Zac & her friend Inge, Peter Molnar, Leo & Vandy & Truman. We had a dance break around 8:30 pm. Peter told the clown joke. The party was the most fun I've had in a long time - thanks Jonathan & Sarah for hosting.
Around 11:00 pm people started heading home. Michael & Hannah were going out to a club and Eric & I decided to join them. We drove down to the South of Market area and went to this club called Temple. We got in without waiting in the long line or paying the $40 (!) entrance fee because Hannah has known the DJ Jay since their childhood in Connecticut. We danced until about 1:00 am. Everyone was in costume. Sarah loaned me her witch costume (long black dress, scary gray wig). Michael & Hannah dropped off Eric & me back at Sarah & JK's around 1:30 am. I had to shower and change due to sweating from dancing in costume. But I felt good and, surprisingly, I feel fine this morning.
Eric had to get up at 5:00 am to go to the airport to fly back to North Carolina. Grace left around 7:00 am to fly back to Seattle. I'm sorry they had to leave but grateful for our time together. It's a beautiful sunny morning here.
Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment