My bone pain is out of control. Our goals are (1) for my pain level to be low enough to be bearable (e.g., I can sleep, I can walk, I can focus on other things) and (2) for my mental acuity to be high enough to teach, to drive, and to carry on a conversation. Right now we are not achieving either of those goals. The pain is constant and excruciating even though I am taking four powerful painkillers: 100 microgram Fetanyl patch changed every three days, 7.5 mg methadone taken twice a day, 7.5 mg meloxicam twice a day, and oxycodone for breakthrough pain as needed (which lately has been a lot). As far as mental acuity, I am in a slackjawed stupor around half of the time. I wake up not knowing where I am, for how long I've been there, or why. It's kind of like one of my favorite movies, Memento, but not nearly as cool.
Some notes on sports. In the NBA Western Conference, the conference finals matchup that many people, including me, were looking forward to seeing (Lakers vs. Thunder) now seems less likely than a matchup that nobody would have predicted, including me (Dallas vs. Grizzlies).
In the NHL Playoffs, the Bruins, after dispatching some plucky team from the provinces in the first round, have taken a 3-0 lead over the Flyers. Congrats to the Canucks who also advanced to the second round.
Ethan
Hey, Ethan -
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of you and sending many, many wishes for a more comfortable day.
Love, Claudia
Ethan--
ReplyDeleteHoping you find that balance between pain relief and an ability to function today. We're all out here doing what we do--in my case, taking care of a sick Lucy. All the while, thinking about and sending love to you. Keep us posted!
--mer
Lots of positive karma and love coming your way from Maine as well....thinking of you often.
ReplyDelete~Lynne
My weekend wishes:
ReplyDelete1. Your pain subsides
2. The moms in our lives have a wonderful weekends
3. Bruins wrap things up with the Flyers
4. Celtics give the Heat a real game