Saturday, May 7, 2011

Less Pain, No Brain

With regard to pain control, we've achieved my first goal but not my second yet. I'm feeling much less bone pain. I still have some lingering but bearable pain in the usual locations - thighs and left shoulder. Thank goodness it's my left shoulder and not my right one, as I am right-handed. I sometimes have to use my right arm to move my left arm - kind of like Doctor Strangelove.

Mentally, however, I am M.I.A. I am basically sedated and semi-comatose. So now we need to see if we can achieve the second goal (mental clarity) while maintaining the first one (pain relief). I don't know whether we can achieve both goals simultaneously; we'll see.

I'm mainly posting this message so that (a) people won't worry that I am still in severe pain and (b) to let people know that I am not responding to most messages lately.

Sports notes: Bruins advance to conference finals! The Red Sox...hmm...have the fourth-highest average home attendance in the American League. We're having some folks over this evening to watch the Celtics. If they can beat the Heat, it's still a series. If not, they're basically done. Speaking of which, Hope #2 for the NBA Playoffs (Lakers do not win championship) is looking good, with the Lakers down 0-3 to Dallas. Hope #1 (Celtics win championship) is looking shaky, so schadenfreude may have to suffice. Unless it can be replaced by Shaqenfreude!

Ethan

1 comment:

  1. So glad for (a). As for your general state of mind, if you are also hearing awesome music and eating a big bowl of Crawfish Monica, you may just be in New Orleans. Just got back from Jazz Fest--such positive vibes from a city that has known such loss. I send some bon temps love to you now, E. XXOO. Lindsay

    ReplyDelete