Thursday, September 23, 2010

Basketball!

I got my chemo pump disconnected this morning. I was feeling surprisingly good so decided to play basketball, as Tuesdays and Thursdays are half court days at the university. This was my third time playing basketball since I returned to the court. I played four games of half court, the most I've played so far, and I felt the best physically that I have so far, maybe 75% of normal. My teams won all four games. Although I played fine overall, in the interests of full disclosure, I did miss a lay-up, many of my jump shots were short, I airballed at least one 3-pointer before I stopped taking them, and I missed a very makeable shot that would have won the first game (although we won anyway). We won the first game of 5-on-5 with me, Tim, Lucky, Mike, and Ernie (our septuagenarian and my idol). We then split into two games of 3-on-3. We won three times with a fun team of me, Gary, and Lucky - both good outside shooters with good court awareness. We weren't the quickest team (including myself these days), but we played good help defense. On offense, we had some nice inside-out action, dumping the ball to me in the post and then kicking it out for 3-pointers if the defense collapsed on me. I walked home and now I think I'm ready for a nap! :-)

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment