Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October

Well, it's October, and autumn is here.  My whole life, it has been my favorite season, with the crunchy leaves, the crisp air, and the bluster.  So it's sad to experience it without Ethan here.  Miles & I continue to do okay.  It's definitely a challenge, but I feel as if we're in a nice little rhythm now.  I'm back working full-time (2 classes this quarter), and Miles is in Pre-K four days a week. 

Larry Symons hosted an Open House on campus last week (thank you Larry!), and lots of people came to remember Ethan.  Not that I need reminders, but it's always nice to hear from others whose lives he touched.  And this community continues to amaze me for its kindness and love. 

Though Ethan & I weren't married, we certainly considered ourselves as such.  And neither of us are/were big jewelry wearers.  But recently I've been wearing a lovely Mother-of-Pearl pendant, and to me, it's having Ethan close to my heart.  (It's a "fancy" letter E.)  This morning, Miles asked me, "why are you wearing a backwards 3?"  Made me smile. 

Love,
~Grace

1 comment: